Friday, August 26, 2011

Excellent Lunch recipe!!!! Zucchini Fritters with Tomato

Hi, my name is Pamela and I am addicted to food.

Well, at least certain foods. I have found that because of that I need to really enjoy the healthier options I find. As I sat staring at a zucchini on my counter, knowing it was a great idea to actually eat it, I began to dread the process of steaming, or sauteing this summer-garden favorite. I like zucchini well enough, but it is not special in the appetite centers of my mind. I had to do something to make it more appealing. This is the recipe I came up with that gave me the goodness of the vegetable, plus a serving of protein, dairy and a bit of Lycopine from a friendly tomato. Of course you can adjust it a bit if you are allergic to dairy or have issues with any of the ingredients...but this is the recipe for my lunch today...and it was a PLATE FULL of amazing. 


Non-stick spray
2 eggs
2 cups grated zucchini
½ cup grated onion
1 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
8 tomato slices
2 ounces grated cheese (your favorite)

Beat eggs, add zucchini, onion and pepper. Spray griddle with non-stick spray and place on burner, over medium heat. When it is hot, spoon half of zucchini mixture onto griddle in four small mounds. Push them down to flatten a bit. Cook for about two minutes and then flip them carefully. 

Place about a quarter ounce of cheese on each zucchini patty, top with a tomato slice, flip again so that the tomato is on the bottom. Cook about two more minutes. Place fritters on a plate, sprinkle with a bit more cheese. Repeat with remaining mixture and cheese. Serve hot. Makes 2 generous servings at approximately 215 calories each. 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds too yummy to be healthy. I'm afraid once I made adjustments (like 2oz cheese per pile) it wouldn't be as healthy. I'll try this next week, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete