Saturday, January 15, 2011

These are a few of my favorite...

There are a few things I keep on hand all the time. They are quickly becoming staples in my household. I love the multiple uses each of these products provides.

1. PB-2, powdered peanut butter. If you can't find it in your local grocery store, visit www.bellplantation.com to order on line or find a place near you to purchase it.

2. Special Dark cocoa powder. Less calories than regular cocoa powder, and it tastes amazing. Make a smoothie or use this is a healthy chocolate cake recipe for amazing chocolate flavor, no guilt.


3. Unjury, medical quality, unflavored protein powder. You can only get this through their website, but it is so versatile and so good you will love it. Go to www.unjury.com for detail and ordering. They have other varieties as well. I like the Chicken soup protein powder, but their other flavors still use chemical sweeteners, so I avoid those.

4. Agave Nectar. Made from the agave plant, this is a syrup that can be used like honey or any other syrup, it's great for sweetening recipes or cereal and it has a LOWER glycemic index than sugar, honey or syrups.

5. Cajun Spice. Tons of flavor gives your mouth a treat. When we are eating bold, nutritious food we crave less junk because we are getting what we really need. You might want to try different spice combos to find your favorite.

6. Truvia. Okay, I know, it's a sweetener, but it is made from the herb, Stevia and the sugar alcohol Eurythritol, so, it is NOT a chemical sweetener, like the yellow, pink, and blue packets are. It tastes great and it's versatile. It is also readily available at grocery stores. 

7. Cinnamon Grinders. My favorite find last year, a convenient way to freshly grind cinnamon into your recipes. McCormick's came out with a lot of different combinations in their spice grinders, but I LOVE this one. It's almost gone though, and the grocery store, where I purchased it doesn't have it now...so I am on a quest to find a source. .

8. Whole grains and wild rice. Look in your grocery stores bulk or health section to find wonderful whole grains to incorporate in your cooking. I love wild rice, even more than regular rice and it's a very healthy side dish. I will post recipes in future blogs. Delish!

These are my favorites, and there are more to come...What do you always have on hand as part of your healthy eating plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment